Monday, December 25, 2017

Review: Year One

Year One Year One by Nora Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't believe I read all of a Nora Roberts book. And enjoyed it! If this is how she writes dystopia, then she needs to focus on this stuff instead of the sappy romances that she's known for! This has everything that most dystopian novels do--horrible virus that wipes out most of the world's population, evil New York City dwellers who like to kill and pillage, and good people escaping to the country to form new positive civilizations. But I did laugh at times--there are some good one-liners. And I found myself caring for the characters, even while guessing correctly at how they were going to get to know each other. There is quite a cliffhanger, so I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Nora Roberts. Who knew? This could have been published YA--easily.

View all my reviews

No comments: