Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Review: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting and hilarious and different! I love historical fiction, so a romp through Europe as the main character takes his year-long tour is right up my alley. But I loved how flippant and roguish Monty's tour becomes quite the adventure.

Monty's crush on his biracial best friend Percy is rather the focus of the novel--Lee tackles sexual orientation and racial discrimination with grace in the novel. Not preachy, just real. Or as real as a flippant romp through Europe with pirates can be. Glad this book received the Stonewall recognition. And looking forward to the sequel!

View all my reviews

No comments: