Monday, March 12, 2018

Review: Sometimes I Lie

Sometimes I Lie Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Reviewed from Advance Listening Copy picked up at ALA Midwinter 2018.

Well. I should have known from the title, right? Unreliable narrators are the WORST!

Okay, they are to me. Lots of twists and turns here between Now and Then timelines, along with different point-of-views as you go along. Those are always harder to listen to than read, because you don't see the different fonts and set-asides that tell you when things are changing.

The audiobook had lovely British accents, but the production was off because I had to keep changing the volume of the audiobook according to the accent/character speaking.

Amber is in a coma and listening to all the conversations around her, while her memories sneak back in. She is trying to remember what happened to her in the days before she went into the coma. How did it happen? Who did something to her? Her sneaky evil sister? Her husband that is cheating? Her idiot ex-boyfriend? Lots of questions and they do eventually get answered, even if it's a long and twisting road to get there.

View all my reviews

No comments: