Friday, May 4, 2018

Review: The Last Black Unicorn

The Last Black Unicorn The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brilliant. She is hilarious, even when talking about her heartbreaking past. It's nice to hear a celebrity memoir that isn't sugarcoated. Haddish thanks her ghostwriter at the end of the book (even though he isn't listed as an author) and he is able to thank people, too. She seems to have a skeptic heart of gold and I like her for that. She reads her own book, does great impressions, and handles the character switches with ease in these essays. Great listen! I had the windows down and sunroof open while listening, and had some people staring at me from the sidewalk, trying to figure out why cuss words with an L.A. accent were coming from a Midwest lady's car! That was entertaining, too!

View all my reviews

No comments: