Monday, July 2, 2018

Review: The Monk of Mokha

The Monk of Mokha The Monk of Mokha by Dave Eggers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an example of a great audio production and narrator making the audiobook better than the print book. I don't care a bit about coffee (I was very bored during Disk 3), but I learned so much about it after listening to this! Who doesn't want to eat/drink products that are produced in other parts of the world with workers making a living wage? This true story really picks up toward the end when the author is traveling back and forth to Yemen and trying to make their coffee the world's best again. Deals with immigration, labor laws, trade, fake terrorism, etc.

Listening Notes:
Disk 2 Track 7. 5:58 Speaking very quiet after "Italians."
Chapter 20. E. I couldn't hear the mutters after 20-30 seconds. I had the volume turned up to 40 in my car and still couldn't hear/understand.
Chapter 23C. That airport scene is so freaking frustrating.
Chapter 34B. Hilarious Obama voice! Spot on!


View all my reviews

No comments: