Friday, October 12, 2018

Review: Someone Like Me

Someone Like Me Someone Like Me by M.R. Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

wtf did I just read? I've read thousands of book so I appreciate a plot I haven't read before! This thriller novel focuses on two characters who see the same psychiatrist. Liz, a good mom of two kids, has a mental break when her ex-husband beats her one too many times. Fran is a teenager dealing with psychotic episodes because she was kidnapped as a child and held in a gross motel room by a mentally challenged monster. Both are suffering from some mental illness--something like multiple personality disorder or hallucinations. Liz is fighting with her alter-ego Beth who doesn't put up with crap from the ex. Fran has a noble imaginary fox following her around to protect her from the bad guys. Their stories intertwine when Fran becomes friends with Liz's son. And, whoa, you'll be on the edge of your seat when these two characters do battle with themselves? their others? It's complicated. And there's a Abenaki Indian/skadegamutc element to the story, which fits with the Pittsburg setting.

View all my reviews

No comments: