Thursday, January 10, 2019

Review: Red Dog

Red Dog Red Dog by Jason Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this series and this author, and I wish they were more popular! All rural libraries need to push this series to their mystery and gritty readers--they are perfect. The setting is southern Illinois, so I appreciate hearing about Olney, Makanda, etc., and the people are pretty much the lowest of the low in that area--dog fighters, meth makers, and swindlers. But, whoa, it's such a good read.

Slim and his 13-year-old daughter take a simple case of finding and retrieving a pit bull, but it turns into a huge mess that even the FBI can't sort out. These books are funny and snarky and full of literary, pop culture, and redneck references and I just can't get enough of them. Hoping a Book 3 will be out soon!

View all my reviews

No comments: