Thursday, March 14, 2019

Review: A Baby’s Bones

A Baby’s Bones A Baby’s Bones by Rebecca Alexander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Engaging and quick read about a female archaeologist on the Isle of Wright. I enjoyed Sage as an imperfect main character--she is pregnant with a married man's baby, for example. I loved the bits about her Kazakhstani mother, Sage's budding romance, and her obsession with doing her job well while pregnant and stressed. I would call this an old school mystery--readers will suspect several characters along the way as clues are dropped, but it's an engaging ride. I loved how the mystery from the late 1500s was incorporated into the modern day happenings, but I love historical fiction, romance, and modern forensic science. This novel was a great novel for me and I'll look for more by this author!

View all my reviews

No comments: