Monday, March 11, 2019

Review: The Kingdom of Copper

The Kingdom of Copper The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Whew--I stayed up until 3 am reading this sequel, with the help of springing forward and Daylight Savings Time.

I still got easily confused by all the terms for magical beings and I wish the glossary/cast of characters/tribes of the Djinn were all together so I didn't have to look at all three alphabetical lists to find what I was looking for. Confusing!

I remembered nothing from Book 1, The City of Brass, except that it was an Aladdin-ish, Middle Eastern fantasy. It started to come back to me as I read this title, except I couldn't remember all the feuds and what caused what group of people to hate the other groups of people. Lots of years of fighting in this world! But it's worth it. The three narrators--Nahri, Alie, and Dara--are fascinating beings/people and I wanted to see what happens when all three try to take/keep the magical city of Daevabad. The end of the book (the big battle) is the best part! I couldn't put the book down.

View all my reviews

No comments: