Thursday, July 11, 2019

Review: Lost Children Archive

Lost Children Archive Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm not sure if audio is the best format for this title, because some parts may have been lists or included pictures, but I didn't have a print copy for me to check. I also felt like the author tried to cram in too much symbolism. Reminded me of a short story I would have read in undergrad as an English major. Name your characters, please. Combining voices on audio can sound cool, and it did, at first, in this novel. But then the gimmick was overdone and I wasn't a fan. By that point, I was ready for the parents to finish the dang road trip, get divorced, and be done with it all! :)

I really loved the young boy and young girl narrators though--can't wait to hear more of him in other works!

View all my reviews

No comments: