Sunday, July 14, 2019

Review: The Way You Make Me Feel

The Way You Make Me Feel The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Funny light-hearted romance about 16-year-old Clara Shin who pulls one too many pranks at school. Her single dad punishes her by making her work all summer in his KoBra food truck in LA--fixing a small menu of Brazilian/Korean fusion food. Clara and her dad have a great relationship, but Clara still wants to run to her mom when things get rough. Her mom is one of the Instagram influencer people who don't work but get paid to travel (I still want to know how all that works?? This librarian is for hire?) Clara makes two new best friends and one of them is a gorgeous Chinese kid who can't get enough of Clara. She freaks.

I enjoyed this a lot--it's so refreshing to read about a teen who makes little mistakes but life turns out okay because she has people around her who love her! And I laughed out loud because of sentences like this: "The flight back home wasn't too bad, even though the grandma next to me farted steadily the entire time."

View all my reviews

No comments: