Monday, October 21, 2019

Review: Full Throttle

Full Throttle Full Throttle by Joe Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have a new favorite Joe Hill! I love suspense but am iffy about horror, but Stephen King's son won me over in the Introduction that he narrates himself.  He tells readers how he tried to NOT be like his dad, but ended up giving into everything he was raised around, like pulpy comics and his dad's writings. 

So funny to read in the comments how we all have different favorites--mine were Throttle, By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain, Thumbprint, and You Are Released. I can't stop talking about the last story and how it just seems so plausible that World War III is right around the corner. I wasn't a huge fan of "Late Returns" about the bookmobile and grief, but I know some librarians and readers will eat that shit up. Hill's narration of the intro and notes make this a kickass audio, too.

And don't quit listening too early--he throws in a bonus story at the end. 

View all my reviews

No comments: