Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Review: A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II

A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II A Woman of No Importance: The Untold Story of the American Spy Who Helped Win World War II by Sonia Purnell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What???? This is the kind of war spy story I like to read! I had never heard of this American woman, but she is BAD ASS. I can't even attempt to summarize all the cool stuff she did while working for the British and American war/spy agencies, but she was all over the place. And she led men, which is cool, but then, after WW2, she was "put in her place" again by the lovely men of the CIA. I'm not sure how she survived the 1950s without dropping cyanide tablets in her supervisor's coffee, which she was probably asked to make.

View all my reviews

No comments: