Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Review: Gender Queer

Gender Queer Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the kind of graphic novel I wish I could make everyone in education read. Rural Midwest here, so there aren't too many discussions about gender happening at our college. We just got our first gender neutral bathroom in 2019. I love how this describes the coming out process as continual, especially since Maia takes awhile to figure out emself. It seems like the lucky ones are those of us who can declare, "Yep, I am hetero or cis or queer or whatever" and that doesn't change for us the rest of our lives. But gender and sexuality aren't that solid for some people. This helped me understand more about gender and sexuality, which is a good thing.

View all my reviews

No comments: