Monday, December 10, 2007

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


Awhile ago I tried to read this book and I just couldn't get into it. So I figured I would try the audio version. Unfortunately, I still couldn't get into it. This is an eleven disk audiobook, and I finished disk one. Then I looked at the other interesting audiobooks in my passenger seat, and figured that I could listen to something else that is more interesting.

I know the book is narrated by death. I know the book won all sorts of awards. I know the author is cute (saw him at ALA last June) and I know I loved Fighting Ruben Wolfe and Getting the Girl by the same author. But I just couldn't get into this one. Absolutely nothing happened during the first disk. Toward the end, it finally got to the little girl who became the book thief, but the boring narration was too much for me to handle. I just couldn't finish it. Well, mainly I just didn't want to.

No comments: