Thursday, December 6, 2007

What Happened to Cass McBride? by Gail Giles

This has been on my "to read" list since it was published back in 2005. I'm not exactly sure why I haven't read if before now. I love the author and even subscribe to her blog in my RSS Reader. To me, she is similar to Terry Trueman because they both write cute little books at a lower reading level that aren't cute at all. This book is definitely for high school readers.

Cass McBride is asked out on a date by a dork and, in response, she writes a note to her best friend and leaves it in a desk. The dork finds it, and ends up hanging from a tree the next day. Story over? Nope. Someone wants revenge. Cass disappears and is tortured. Does she survive? Who did it? Why?

While you're reading this one, make sure you have read Shattering Glass by the same author. I liked it much better than Dead Girls Don't Write Letters. Don't forget to check out the author's blog at notjazz.livejournal.com, too.

No comments: