Thursday, March 13, 2008

Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz


I love when the sequel is just as good as the first book! Lutz doesn't disappoint in this hilarious adult novel. The first book, The Spellman Files, won the Alex Award because of the giggling opportunities. I mean, really, how often do you read mysteries that make you laugh? Lutz really reminds me of Janet Evanovich because her characters are easy to love. But Lutz makes me laugh more than Evanovich.

Izzy Spellman is in trouble. Well, it seems like she is cursed. She keeps getting arrested. Her parents' cute new neighbor is suspicious and Izzy can't figure out the mystery. So, what does she do? She breaks and enters, he gets a restraining order against her, and she tracks his movements with a GPS. What is going on? Her parents are having a strange midlife crisis of some sort and her sister is still addicted to a strange friendship with Henry. Let's just say that Izzy's life isn't boring. She is my favorite fiction private investigator--and I read a lot of mysteries!

No comments: