Monday, November 8, 2010

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

I know I'm sick of reading books with zombies, ghosts, mysteries, vampires, and werewolves, so bear with me. But I'm really sick of reading books with all of the above. I swear, this author put all of the supernatural into one young adult novel. Actually, everything is almost put into the main character. Aden Stone hears voices, raises the dead, kills zombies, attracts werewolves as enemies, and riles demons. He can see the future, too.

The characters and plot were so "intertwined" that I started to guess what was going to be thrown in next. Really, I was waiting for the headless horseman or alpha werewolf to show up. I know kids like books like this, but I just can't sing its praises. It was too long and full of too much supernatural phenomena for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added this weblog to my rss reader, great stuff. Cannot get enough!