Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

I may have just turned 36, but I have plenty of teenage angst left in me...and that's why I love these kinds of books.  A Catcher in the Rye got it started for me in high school, and YA literature has filled the gap for me just fine as I get older.  This book is littered with dog-ears thanks to me folding down corners to remind me to add quotes to Goodreads! 

Dash and Lily are two geeky/dorky/different teenagers in NYC who meet because Lily leaves a notebook with clues in a cool bookstore.  Next thing you know, the two are communicating via the red moleskin and falling in love. Nothing is perfect though, especially when you build an image of someone and they don't fulfill it when you finally meet! It's a snarky love story full of quirky characters--perfect! 

No comments: