Friday, March 2, 2012

Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks

I'm starting to like graphic novels--I can flip through one pretty fast during a slow hour in the library! This artwork is familiar--I've read Brain Camp and Zombies Calling, so I knew the artwork would be clean and crisp.

Maggie is starting school for the first time as a 9th grader--her mom always home schooled her, but now her mom has left the family. Maggie has to depend on her police chief dad and three older brothers to help her. Making friends is difficult, especially when there is a ghost following you around and you've spend so much time with your family!

Recommended for junior high and secondary libraries. It's clean and handles topics like peer pressure, bullying, first loves, and friendship very well. My favorite page? Man hug!

No comments: