Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

There has been tons of buzz about this title, so I was a little worried about finally receiving it through my library's interlibrary loan.

I gotta admit that I'm not a fan of how it was written. Chapters alternate between Amy Dunne and her husband Nick Dunne.  Amy is missing and each chapter reveals more clues to whether she is dead or missing.

I have to admit that I was a sucker for the first half of the book and suspected who the author wanted me to suspect. But after the plot was revealed, I didn't care too much about what happened to the couple. Honestly, I didn't like Nick or Amy and hoped that they just imploded on each other.

I'm still not sure why this was the buzz book--maybe adults like reading about crazy people and wanting to kill your spouse?

No comments: