Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was so much romance that it almost made me sick, but isn't that what teen love does to adults? :) Isla has been crushing on the cute artsy boy at her Parisian boarding school for years, but it takes teeth pulling and anesthesia for her to talk to him for the first time. Give it a few months and their paths finally meet again, and, of course, it's pure and instant real love.

Wow, I'm such a cynic.

But it's a great romance. Best part? The author's dedication in the back of the book. She wrote the three romances with her husband in mind:

"Finally, thank you to Jarrod Perkins. I'm crying now just because I typed your name. I love you more than anyone. Ever. Times a hundred million billion. Etienne, Cricket, and Josh--they were all you, but none of them came even close to you. You are my best friend. You are my true love. You are my happily ever after,"

Screw Josh in this book--I want my own Jarrod Perkins.

View all my reviews

No comments: