Monday, December 15, 2014

Strobe Edge, Volume 1 by Io Sakisaka

Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 by Io Sakisaka
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was listed on the 2014 Top Ten Great Graphic Novels for Teens list by YALSA, the Young Adult Library Services Association.

So I'll say it's okay. It's popular. But I have issues with it. Ninako is ignorant when it comes to love. At first, she thinks she may be in love with her friend Daiki because "he's a nice guy, and it's fun being around him." But then the hot guy of the school, Ren, talks to her after he bumps into her on the train after school. And, from then, on, it's all about her catching his eye and realizing that she's in looo---ve.

So evidently I'm not a fan of manga chick lit, but I know there is a HUGE fanbase of this stuff all over the world. But at least I'm trying to read things out of my comfort zone!

View all my reviews

No comments: