Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss. Read by Scott Brick.

Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked UsSalt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss


Listening to the first disk of this audiobook made me stop at Dollar General and buy Goldfish, which is probably the opposite of what the author wanted me to do.

I know this book is important--the food giants (Nabisco, General Mills, Kraft, etc.) purposely try to add food additives to their products that addict us to their salt/sugar/fat products. And it works--I'm living proof. Processed food is the devil--you can tell by how fat and unhealthy Americans are.

Best bet? Don't go into the middle aisles of the grocery store--stick to the produce and meat aisles. Nothing with more than a few ingredients is good for you, even if it tastes like heaven.

I'm looking at you, Velveeta.

View all my reviews

No comments: