Thursday, November 5, 2015

Review: Ratlines

Ratlines Ratlines by Stuart Neville
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loved this--I'm going to check out what else he has written. The torture scenes were a little much for me, but, at least when I'm reading print books, I can easily skip past those parts!

Irishman Lt. Albert Ryan is a veteran of WWII (he fought for the Brits and his family still gets grief for it) and Korea. Now he's a G2 for the Directorate of Intelligence, but he doesn't always love his job. His current assignment is stopping a rash of murders in Ireland that he really doesn't care to stop--someone is killing Nazis. German millionaire Otto Skorzeny is next, and Lt. Ryan is sucked into evil. Both sides are trying to use Ryan to get to the other, and it gets messy.

I couldn't help but think of Jack Ryan and Jack Bauer as I read this--exciting, twisted, intriguing dark police thriller.

And I'm going to do my own little research about the Irish protecting Nazis after the war. Yuck.



View all my reviews

No comments: