Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review: Lucky Few

Lucky Few Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great contemporary YA fiction read about a teenage homeschooled girl in Austin, Texas. Loved how she described the different types of homeschooled kids and defended her own position as a NORMAL. I was intrigued because she has Type I diabetes, like my daughter, but this isn't the main plotline of the book--it isn't even mentioned until location 312 on my kindle, when she "double-checked my messenger bag to be sure the vitals were there: water bottle, cell phone, chewing gum, glucose tablets, insulin pen."

This is one of those romance, coming of age, friendship, light drama type of story--pretty clean for a YA novel, but still funny and dramatic when it needed to be.

Kudos to the author for creating a main character with Type I!

View all my reviews

No comments: