Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Review: I Will Find You

I Will Find You I Will Find You by Joanna Connors
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even though I was exhausted last night, I stayed up way too late to start AND finish this book. It's a quick little read, but, oh, so good.

Joanna was 30 years old when she was raped by a stranger. He was tried and convicted and she told herself and her husband that she was okay. Now, years later, with her marriage going kaput and her kids off to college, she decides that she finally needs to investigate her rape a little more closely. Years of failed therapy hadn't helped her--she insisted that she was "over it," even though she was paranoid, over-protective of her kids, depressed, and pulling out her own hair. She needed help, and, since she was a reporter, she decided that reporting might help her. And, so, with the encouragement of her team of women at the Cleveland Plain Dealer, she interviews her rapist's family members. And she discovers a lot. This is her story of recovery, as well as her rapist's story of how he became a rapist.

View all my reviews

No comments: