Sunday, November 20, 2016

Review: A Drop of Night

A Drop of Night A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I can pick some former freshmen students who would have loved this book, but I think I'm just way too old for it. Love the concept--it's very The Grounding of Group 6, which was one of my favorite books growing up. But it just fell short to me--too many unanswered questions.

Some teens are selected from the US to travel to a secret underground palace in France to be the first ones to explore its mysteries. Sounds unreal, right? Um, yes. Someone is out to kill them and they must try to escape the booby-trapped (think Goonies!) palace and the wandering ghosts. This book isn't really all that scary, but I can see some young tweens loving it. I did love the cover and the mix of the modern day with the French Revolutionary time period.

View all my reviews

No comments: