Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Review: Julian Fellowes' Belgravia

Julian Fellowes' Belgravia Julian Fellowes' Belgravia by Julian Fellowes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Perfect for audio, this serialized novel is another perfect spoon-feed for Downton Abbey fans. The creator of Downton Abbey, Julian Fellowes, even has his name in the book title, so that means something, right? ;)

On the eve of the battle of Waterloo in 1815, the attendees of a ball are thrust together in ways their ancestors won't understand for years. Choices are made, and the lives of the old and titled, the new rich, and their servants come together to create this very Downton-ish novel. I'll admit that I didn't really care to know what the ladies and gentlemen were wearing all the time, but I admired the smooth narration by Juliet Stevenson--she's amazing!

I'll keep reading Fellowes--I loved Downton, and I enjoyed this similar world, too!

View all my reviews

No comments: