Sunday, March 26, 2017

Review: Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart

Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart by Candace Fleming
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Candace Fleming is visiting my county later this week, so I wanted to read more of her books before I heard her speak. Amelia Lost is a great example of how an informational text can build suspense. Children who may not have heard much about Amelia would wonder--was she rescued? if not, was her plane found?

I appreciated the side bars, and how she cultivated her image. She knew how to be a celebrity, all while making sure she got what she wanted during a time when not many females did!

Quick easy read for older teens and adults, but that doesn't mean that this isn't for all ages. Great read!

View all my reviews

No comments: