Friday, June 9, 2017

Review: Feral

Feral Feral by James Demonaco
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The beginning of this book was really promising as an adult book for reluctant readers. A chemical lab goes bad and accidentally releases a chemical into the air that makes all men go feral. The women who survive the men's zombie-like antics must hole up in camps to survive. Very This is Not a Test and all those put together. But I always try to remember that not all teens have read widely, so this kind of genre might be good for them.

However.

I stopped reading when the romantic stuff started driving me nuts. I'm sorry, but these women are trying to survive and they aren't going to stop sleeping with guns to choose instead to sleep with their head on the chest of the one non-feral man they found. I wanted more of a Firefly female character--like Zoey. The love stuff comes after kicking ass.

View all my reviews

No comments: