Monday, December 18, 2017

Review: Bad Feminist

Bad Feminist Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I did fast forward over a few of these essays--mainly the ones about literature, which is kinda weird since I was an English major at EIU. But, wow, the essays about feminism, movies like The Help, abortion, Sweet Valley High books, and Chris Brown had me raising a fist in my car and talking to myself. Gay MOVES me and with badass Bahni Turpin narrating, this audiobook is just awesome. The abortion essay helped me tremendously put my own thoughts about it into better sounding words. And the way men keep encroaching on a woman's body is just downright evil. I'm a bad feminist, too, because I shave my legs, dye my hair, and like it when a man opens a door for me. Gay is helping rewrite what the term "feminist" means, and, yes, I am one, thank you.

View all my reviews

No comments: