Monday, July 9, 2018

Review: Noir

Noir Noir by Christopher Moore
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Rough conversation of what I remember from listening to this book:

Girl: How do you like your drink?
Guy: I like my drinks like I like my women.
Girl: Drunk and naked?

I snorted. This book is full of one-liners and quips, like most noir. I couldn't help but picture guys in suits and fedoras and girls in sexy dresses. But it's just not my thing. The best part of the audiobook was the afterword where I got to hear why Moore put certain historical things into the book that takes place after WW2 in San Francisco.

Throughout the entire book, I heard tons of mouth sounds like clicking. The accents were great, but I heard the clicking while listening in my car and in my earphones. So annoying. At 017, 15:30 the narrator sounds like he's talking through a tunnel. This was an audiobook with amazing narration, but the production could have been better. Getting rid of those clicks would have made this perfect. Need an example? Go to 005 around 5-6 minutes and listen carefully.

View all my reviews

No comments: