Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez

I read this author's A Nameless Witch and chucked a lot. So I wanted to read the Alex Award winning title by the same author. I must admit that I liked A Nameless Witch better. This adult novel was funny and made me snicker and roll my eyes. But I didn't laugh out loud.

The diner is haunted. Sort of. The gates of hell and everything evil want to come up and wreck havoc, all because Tammy, a teenage girl, is calling them to break free. But Loretta works at the diner and is pretty good at smashing evil beings. And a vampire and werewolf conveniently arrive to help save the day. Oh, and there is a ghost at the cemetery who helps, too. This is a snarky, satirical read. You either like Martinez or you don't! :)

No comments: