Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan, Read by Jesse Bernstein

I swear I've read or listened to all the books in this series, even though I didn't blog about Book 2 for some reason. Here are my glowing reviews for The Lightning Thief (Book 1), The Battle of the Labyrinth (Book 4), and The Titan's Curse (Book 3).

I can't WAIT until The Lightning Thief comes out on Feb. 12! I keep making my daughter watch the preview so she gets excited about it, too. She thinks it looks a little scary, but, hey, it's PG and she's watched Harry Potter before! So she's going....

I was a bit disappointed in The Last Olympian. The dreaded prophecy finally comes true, although not how we think. For years, Percy has known that at the age of 16, he'd have to save the world or die in the process, so he has known things were going to get difficult. The entire book is essentially the last battle, and my mind was wandering some as I listened. But things were wrapped up neatly with the hint of more books to come, so I'm sure the movie world is anxiously awaiting how well The Lightning Thief does at the box office. Is it the next Harry Potter?

No comments: