Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti


I've always been a fan of Colasanti's works. I usually recommend her to girls who like Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti. I've already reviewed Colasanti's When It Happens (my favorite teen romance!) and Take Me There. I'm sad to say that her new novel, due out in May, didn't impress me as much as her previous novels. The romance between Jason and Lani rings true, but the girl friendships didn't. I just can't believe that Lani and Erin's friendship would be completely destroyed over Jason and then miraculously cured after a few tears. The mean girl characters seemed a little toooo mean. In other words, I think she made this book too over the top for me, using young adult novel stereotypes to create her characters instead of creating characters the reader want to know and love.

No comments: