Friday, May 3, 2013

The Last Mountain Man by William W. Johnstone

Growing up I read almost everything I could get my hands on.  From my church library, I read all the Janette Oke Christian historical fiction titles and all of the Louis L'amour books from my public library. I guess Little House on the Prairie and Caddie Woodlawn (one of my Top Ten books ever) prepared me for a life of reading historical fiction.

On the advice of one of our school's maintenance men, I interlibrary loaned this title. Ron said I would love it, and he was right! It's a quick, easy read, and a lot like every Western movie or book you've ever read. But I think that's why this author is a success.  Sometimes we read to comfort ourselves.  I love knowing that Smoke is going to get revenge.  I love that he's the fastest draw in the West. And I love that when he loves a woman, he loves her completely and wholly.

How long has it been since you read a Western? If it's been awhile, try this series.

No comments: