Monday, March 23, 2015

The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey

The Girl with All the GiftsThe Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again, it's the end of the world. But, ahh, man, this one pulls at the heartstrings.

Melanie is a child at a school. She's strapped into a chair every day by security guards, and is taught things like Greek myths and the Periodic Table. Eventually she learns why she's strapped into a chair and, whoa, prepare to keep reading the book until you're finished!

This is a thrill ride--nonstop action for the last 3/4 of the book, and the characters make it heart-wrenching. This kind of character development doesn't usually happen in an apocalyptic novel, so it was a refreshing read. I'm impressed--looking forward to the next one by this author.

And I blame the bags under my eyes today on this novel--I had to finish it last night once I had started it.

View all my reviews

No comments: