Thursday, October 19, 2017

Review: The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days

The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days by J.J. Virgin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I skimmed through this book on my Cloud Library app--I never take them seriously when they start pushing their products. However, I did appreciate pulling some of the information about food intolerance, since that seems to be a problem I'm having now.

I will never follow her diet--no way will I cut out all dairy, soy, eggs, bread, corn, sugar, and sugar substitutes, but I recognize that cutting those out and slowly re-introducing them can help people figure out what foods they can't handle. Luckily, I've already had the allergy testing so I know my body is allergic to yeast and brewer's yeast, and that I'm lactose-intolerant. But don't ever take away my cheese, thank you. But I'm reading these books to convince myself that I need to stay away from added sugars and processed foods--it takes awhile for knowledge to soak into my drowning-in-salty-carbs brain.

View all my reviews

No comments: