Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich


In this sequel to Metro Girl, Evanovich revisits Barney, the spunky female engineer who works as a spotter for Nascar driver Sam Hooker. Barney is ticked at Hooker, and their dating tension isn't all that interesting.
I didn't like the doggie subplots and the casual references to dead people throughout the book. It was supposed to funny, I know, but I wasn't laughing. I listened to the CD version of this novel, and wasn't impressed by Evanovich's breezy writing with a predictable plot.
I love the Stephanie Plum books, but I think the author is starting to write books to sell, instead of writing the quality comedies that made her famous. On amazon.com, a purchaser compares the author to Danielle Steele, and I hate to say that I'm starting to agree. Unless her next novel knocks my socks off, I'm done with Evanovich. And that's sad because she really was one of my favorite authors.

No comments: