Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards, Performed by Ilyana Kadushin


I listened to the unabridged audio version of this adult novel and I did finish it, although I thought about not finishing it a lot. It just wasn't my kind of book. It's a sappy read that I bet a lot of adult women book club members are reading.

Dr. Henry is a doctor who ends up delivering his own twins in the sixties. The boy is perfect, but the girl has Down's Syndrome. So he sends the girl with the nurse to a group home so his wife doesn't have to deal with the imperfection. Of course, this secret haunts him his entire life. Something is always missing, and the girl with Downs brings happiness to all those around her. The nurse doesn't have the nerve to leave the child at the home and raises the girl on her own. So it's a sappy read.

No comments: