Monday, May 31, 2010

Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams

I knew this children's fantasy was a hit because I always saw it in the bookstore. It's a good mystery, with another world created beneath London. Fourteen-year-old Will is always digging where he isn't supposed to, trying to find treasures to give to his eccentric dad. But this time Will and his muscular friend Chester find something underground that doesn't want to be found. Will's dad disappears, and Will just knows that he is down in the tunnels. And so the two boys try to find him. The tunnels are dangerous though, and filled with people who don't want to be found, including people masquerading as normal humans up above.

The sequels, Deeper, Freefall, and Closer continue the story, but I don't think I'll continue--it's a little too young for me, and I didn't really get into the book until about halfway through.

No comments: