Monday, August 25, 2014

Stormbird by Conn Iggulden

So I just finished this author's Genghis series (that I loved!), so I figured I'd give his new series a chance. 

Told from multiple points-of-view, this historical fiction tries to clear the muddy waters that are England and France international relations.  I have to admit that I should know this stuff from my English History class, but it's so darn complicated that not much of this sounded familiar to me. Then, after reading the end, I found out what was historical and what was made up, and I was thankful that the made up parts weren't real! Whew!

I have to admit that I liked the parts from Queen Margaret's point-of-view most--I liked her. I didn't love this as much as the first book of Genghis, and I think it's because it's difficult to throw so much known history together into a novel. It'sswimming in characters, and not many of them are fleshed out.

No comments: