Friday, October 31, 2014

Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Donner Dinner Party

Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Donner Dinner PartyNathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Donner Dinner Party by Nathan Hale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loved this! Why is it that we are fascinated with the Donner party? The desperation? The loneliness? Whatever the reason, this graphic novel was a perfect introduction to the true story of people who were hungry enough to eat the dead.

I had NO IDEA that the Donner party started in SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS!! Or that the Donners were just a small part of the wagon party. Honestly, so many facts were in this graphic novel that I never knew--so thanks for that, Nathan Hale!

To me, this is a must-purchase for all junior highs and middle schools. Now I want to check out the other books in the series--Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: One Dead Spy, Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Big Bad Ironclad!, and Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Treaties, Trenches, Mud, and Blood.

View all my reviews

No comments: