Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Review: The Field Guide to the North American Teenager

The Field Guide to the North American Teenager The Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Norris is full of teenage angst--so much so that it was difficult for me to read about how much he was bitching about moving. But it would be hard for a Canadian mixed-race kid to move to Austin, Texas, wouldn't it? But then I think, well, at least it's Austin and not some podunk rural town.

One thing I like about this--it's a YA novel about typical teenage life. There is no major life problem (although Norris and his new friends have plenty of them), and there are plenty of healthy teenager-adult relationships in this book, too. Dating is hard, and Norris makes a lot of mistakes, and I love how things don't end up all peachy and fake at the end.

View all my reviews

No comments: