Sunday, September 16, 2018

Review: The Growing Season

The Growing Season The Growing Season by Helen Sedgwick
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Almost the entire audio production of this is muffled and cloudy, so I was disappointed at the very beginning. After listening to so many clear productions, this was such a downer. The narrator is good, so I wish the production had the same quality. At 016, I had to blast the volume to hear the narration. The odd thing was that at 024, when Daphne speaks, the cloudiness goes away. Why is that? The closet door was opened in the downstairs basement room where the audio was recorded? Grrr. Even my Airpods and Bose headphones couldn't get rid of the muffled sound.

I loved the idea of this book--pouch created to that fathers can carry babies, too, and in order for women to become more equal to men. But I've heard most of the same ideas in better written books. Not new scifi at all.

View all my reviews

No comments: