Friday, September 21, 2018

Review: Nodding Off: The Science of Sleep from Cradle to Grave

Nodding Off: The Science of Sleep from Cradle to Grave Nodding Off: The Science of Sleep from Cradle to Grave by Alice Gregory
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not quite what I was looking for, but I was able to skip the chapters about babies and adolescents to get to the adult and advice information. Funny thing is that I read this until 1 am one night this week, trying to make myself go to sleep, and it didn't happen.

Plenty of footnotes and research involved, but her tone was conversational which made it an easy read. She is British, so, you know, everything is spelled wrong. ;)

I did learn about about CBT-I, which I had never heard of, as a treatment for adult insomnia, so that is something I'm going to look into. She also, like my personal doctor, hates sleeping pills and self-medicating to sleep, so I guess my dr knows what he's talking about. I've always thought reading helps me go to sleep, but she mentions that it might not, since my brain spins quite a bit when I'm processing that information. Meditation might be more of what I need.

View all my reviews

No comments: