Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review: At the Mountain's Base

At the Mountain's Base At the Mountain's Base by Traci Sorell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love the circular theme of this children's picture book about a Cherokee family waiting at home at the base of a mountain for their loved to return from flying planes in a war. But I think the book causes readers to have a lot questions that are answered in the Author's Note at the end. I guess I wanted more of that material included in the actual book? This will take a lot of discussion at the end of it, which, to me, means it is for older children during a story time. Actually I could have used this back when I taught World History to high school students. It's simple and short, but would be a great discussion starter about who else helped win WW2 besides white men.

View all my reviews

No comments: