Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review: Nightingale

Nightingale Nightingale by Amy Lukavics
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm not the audience for this book--I'm sure the 11-year-old me would have appreciated this horror book more? Loved the historical 1950s setting--June is graduating from high school and supposed to marry her dad's boss's son. He's boring and June wants to go to a writer's workshop instead of marrying him.

June writes scifi and the lines blur between her story and her own life when she is put into an asylum.

There is a lesbian encounter which seemed out of place--I wanted to book to be more about June liking women in the 1950s, but that part didn't really come to fruition. I wanted the "past days" chapters to mention it and they never did. Surely she thought about why she didn't want to marry Robert?

Just too many holes for me to give it more stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: