Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Review: The Truffle Underground: A Tale of Mystery, Mayhem, and Manipulation in the Shadowy Market of the World's Most Expensive Fungus

The Truffle Underground: A Tale of Mystery, Mayhem, and Manipulation in the Shadowy Market of the World's Most Expensive Fungus The Truffle Underground: A Tale of Mystery, Mayhem, and Manipulation in the Shadowy Market of the World's Most Expensive Fungus by Ryan Jacobs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Wow--I had no idea this kind of murder and mayhem happens because of some mushrooms! I don't think I've ever had real truffles. About all I know about it is that the Food show people I watch hate the truffle oil and salts--now I know because all that stuff is probably fake. The murder/mystery stuff in this book is the best--that part was fascinating. Basically I will never order anything that says truffle now, because here in America, it's probably not the real stuff unless I'm at a top end restaurant. And even then the truffles may be counterfeit! Crazy stuff. Some people have too much money.

View all my reviews

No comments: